Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Blenders Pride Fashion Week Bangalore 2014- Through my eyes

So last week I was invited to the 10th edition of Seagram's Blenders Pride Fashion Week 2014, an event by Dream Merchants which was held in the city of Bangalore. This 4 day glamour filled event gave fresh aspiring designers as well as already well established designers a chance to showcase their latest collection.

The names included- 
  1. Disha & Menka "Soiree"
  2. Vidya Vivek
  3. Gunkiran
  4. Jattin Kochhar
  5. Michelle Salins
  6. Lalita & Amit
  7. Prabhat Kumar
  8. Rehane
  9. Aslam Khan
  10. Shloka Shundhakar
  11. Aniya Sagwan
  12. Ramesh Dembla
  13. Abhishek Dutta
  14. Rwitti Roy
  15. Roohafza
  16. Manoviraj Khosla  
This was my first time at the fashion week and I really wanted to stand out so I decided to look not so usual. That's the perk of being a blogger. You can wear what you want.You can experiment, try out stuff that no one else has and make it your own. So I decided to go a little GAGA. It was an fun event. I got an entry to the back stage, the media lounge and I also got to personally interact with the designers. I was there with my fellow blogger friends and we were on a hunt for the best dressed of the evening but turns out people dint really care all that much but we did. The fun filled evening started with ramp walk, drinks, dinner and then more drinks at the after party. 

Oh and if you missed out on the video I made before posting this blog then here it is once again- 


Now coming to my ensemble-

Shoes- Custom Made
Pants- Kenneth Cole
Shirt- Bespoke
Blazer-Louis Philippe 
Bag- Vintage
Neck Piece- I made it myself. Those are just a bunch of safety pins hanging off a chain.
Fitted Studded cap- Gift from a friend




Back stage with the models

Back stage with the models 


at the media lounge talking to the designers 












The show as mentioned before showcased 16 designers. I decided I would select only the ones I liked the most and out them in my blog. Well I'm not that big of a fashion blogger but I'd still like to think and say that- Let's see who made it to Adam's apple LIST- 

So here they are-

The first one that I chose were by two very young designers called Disha and Menka who named their collection "The Gilded Lily". The ensemble were a spread of hand embellished gowns, embroidered palazzos, catsuit inspired outfits and dresses. Please note that this was their first showcase ever so they definitely need some appreciation for putting up a good show. I personally spoke to the two ladies and must say that they are very inspiring. Said that "our collection is for all kind of women. All shapes and sizes".








Abhishek Dutta








ASLAM KHAN



















JATTIN KOCHHAR 





LALITA AND AMITH








MANOVIRAJ KHOSLA











PRABHAT KUMAR











RAMESH DEMBLA










REHANE











2 comments:

  1. Hey Prash, nice post- full of details and cool pictures. I am going to write about the fashion week soon too, see it here: http://anusha-outfitter.blogspot.in/

    Anusha

    Anusha outfitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really punked it up!!!!
    nice show report bud!
    x

    http://radarmagazine.se/fashionandfcuker/

    ReplyDelete